Internal Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Monday · January 22, 2018
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Baltimore) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- And support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Act as an advocate for the WCC.
- Medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.
- Full benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing clinical education programs, including competency evaluations.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Excellent work/life balance - no nights.
- Adhere to appropriate billing and coding practices.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- CME allowances and much more!
- Participate in hospital administrative meetings as necessary, including the Annual Business Review.
- Conduct and lead the program's weekly Leadership Meeting.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Baltimore, MD.
- Act with integrity as related to the corporate code of ethics in all actions representing the company.
- Training & Certification in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO).
- Facilitate adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies.
- Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
- Support the joint effort of Healogics.
- Adapt to corporate and industry changes as necessary.
- Provide a high level of quality clinical care to patients.
- Support the program's requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Summary: The position is best suited to a physician executive with a strong desire to focus their practice in wound care with the ability to not only provide clinical care to patients, but to serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center.
- To enhance visibility of the WCC.
- Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
- In cooperation with Healogics.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records.
- Communicate with new patient referring physicians via phone calls and written communication of treatment plan and progress.
- Participate and lead the program's medical surveillance review and performance improvement process.
- Support implementation of the Healogics.
- In cooperation with hospital administration and company policies, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital's Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as required by the Regional Medical Director, Area Vice President and corporate officers.
- Supervise clinical services provided by all program staff and provide in-service education programs as necessary.
- Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
- And encourage patient referrals from the local medical community.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.
- Complete all documentation and coding on the date of service, complying with all governmental and private payor regulations.
- Why choose to be a Healogics Specialty Physician?
- And Hospital, enhance the marketability of the wound care program through community education.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
- This includes collaboration with Healogics.
- And Hospital in drafting and implementing an annual business plan.
- Competitive compensation model and bonus structure.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics.
- Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
- VP of Quality if modifications to the QSP are needed to ensure compliance with local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Work effectively with Healogics colleagues and partner hospitals.
- Understand the Clinical Practice Guidelines and adherence to standard of care.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- No weekends.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Check email correspondence daily and respond.
- Serve as an educational resource for the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Malpractice coverage including tail.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago