Internal Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Monday · July 16, 2018
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Baltimore) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- To enhance visibility of the WCC.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- No weekends.
- Complete all documentation and coding on the date of service, complying with all governmental and private payor regulations.
- Serve as an educational resource for the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
- Adhere to appropriate billing and coding practices.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Participate and lead the program's medical surveillance review and performance improvement process.
- Training & Certification in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO).
- And encourage patient referrals from the local medical community.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records.
- Medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.
- Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
- Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
- Support the program's requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Check email correspondence daily and respond.
- Act with integrity as related to the corporate code of ethics in all actions representing the company.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Conduct and lead the program's weekly Leadership Meeting.
- Support the joint effort of Healogics.
- Excellent work/life balance - no nights.
- Full benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
- Act as an advocate for the WCC.
- And support local medical and community education and awareness.
- And Hospital in drafting and implementing an annual business plan.
- Competitive compensation model and bonus structure.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Communicate with new patient referring physicians via phone calls and written communication of treatment plan and progress.
- Participate in hospital administrative meetings as necessary, including the Annual Business Review.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.
- Adapt to corporate and industry changes as necessary.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Work effectively with Healogics colleagues and partner hospitals.
- Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
- Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Summary: The position is best suited to a physician executive with a strong desire to focus their practice in wound care with the ability to not only provide clinical care to patients, but to serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing clinical education programs, including competency evaluations.
- Provide a high level of quality clinical care to patients.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics.
- VP of Quality if modifications to the QSP are needed to ensure compliance with local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Baltimore, MD.
- Malpractice coverage including tail.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- And Hospital, enhance the marketability of the wound care program through community education.
- In cooperation with hospital administration and company policies, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital's Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- CME allowances and much more!
- Facilitate adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- This includes collaboration with Healogics.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as required by the Regional Medical Director, Area Vice President and corporate officers.
- Resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
- Supervise clinical services provided by all program staff and provide in-service education programs as necessary.
- Understand the Clinical Practice Guidelines and adherence to standard of care.
- Support implementation of the Healogics.
- Why choose to be a Healogics Specialty Physician?
- In cooperation with Healogics.
This perm job opening was posted
5 weeks ago