Internal Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Friday · April 20, 2018
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Baltimore) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Check email correspondence daily and respond.
- Understand the Clinical Practice Guidelines and adherence to standard of care.
- And support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Complete all documentation and coding on the date of service, complying with all governmental and private payor regulations.
- Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
- Support the program's requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Communicate with new patient referring physicians via phone calls and written communication of treatment plan and progress.
- Work effectively with Healogics colleagues and partner hospitals.
- Support the joint effort of Healogics.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Act with integrity as related to the corporate code of ethics in all actions representing the company.
- Supervise clinical services provided by all program staff and provide in-service education programs as necessary.
- Resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
- To enhance visibility of the WCC.
- In cooperation with Healogics.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics.
- Facilitate adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies.
- In cooperation with hospital administration and company policies, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital's Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- Medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.
- Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
- Full benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
- Malpractice coverage including tail.
- Adapt to corporate and industry changes as necessary.
- Participate in hospital administrative meetings as necessary, including the Annual Business Review.
- Adhere to appropriate billing and coding practices.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.
- Why choose to be a Healogics Specialty Physician?
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Baltimore, MD.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Training & Certification in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO).
- Summary: The position is best suited to a physician executive with a strong desire to focus their practice in wound care with the ability to not only provide clinical care to patients, but to serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center.
- CME allowances and much more!
- Support implementation of the Healogics.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Participate and lead the program's medical surveillance review and performance improvement process.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as required by the Regional Medical Director, Area Vice President and corporate officers.
- Excellent work/life balance - no nights.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records.
- And encourage patient referrals from the local medical community.
- Competitive compensation model and bonus structure.
- This includes collaboration with Healogics.
- No weekends.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
- Act as an advocate for the WCC.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing clinical education programs, including competency evaluations.
- Provide a high level of quality clinical care to patients.
- Serve as an educational resource for the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Conduct and lead the program's weekly Leadership Meeting.
- VP of Quality if modifications to the QSP are needed to ensure compliance with local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- And Hospital, enhance the marketability of the wound care program through community education.
- And Hospital in drafting and implementing an annual business plan.
- Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
This perm job opening was posted
4 weeks ago