Internal Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Tuesday · October 23, 2018
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent internal medicine job (Baltimore) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Serve as an educational resource for the medical, nursing and administrative staff.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Baltimore, MD.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Competitive compensation model and bonus structure.
- Serve as a resource for consultation and referral for providers from other disciplines.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- And support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of medical records.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- VP of Quality if modifications to the QSP are needed to ensure compliance with local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- This includes collaboration with Healogics.
- Training & Certification in Wound Care and Hyperbaric Oxygen (HBO).
- Medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.
- And Hospital, enhance the marketability of the wound care program through community education.
- Understand the Clinical Practice Guidelines and adherence to standard of care.
- Summary: The position is best suited to a physician executive with a strong desire to focus their practice in wound care with the ability to not only provide clinical care to patients, but to serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center.
- Conduct and lead the program's weekly Leadership Meeting.
- Ensure high levels of patient satisfaction.
- In cooperation with hospital administration and company policies, review and respond to any complaints and grievances and recommend or take corrective action where appropriate, in accordance with the bylaws, rules and regulations of the Hospital or Hospital's Medical Staff, as the case may warrant.
- Complete all documentation and coding on the date of service, complying with all governmental and private payor regulations.
- Facilitate adherence to Clinical Practice Guidelines and the Hospital/Medical staff patient care policies.
- Pursue all reasonable efforts to encourage physicians and nursing personnel to adhere to Healogics Clinical Practice Guidelines as well as hospital policies pertinent to care in the center.
- Adapt to corporate and industry changes as necessary.
- Act with integrity as related to the corporate code of ethics in all actions representing the company.
- Support implementation of the Healogics.
- Participate in hospital administrative meetings as necessary, including the Annual Business Review.
- Check email correspondence daily and respond.
- Quality Safety Plan (QSP).
- Participate and lead the program's medical surveillance review and performance improvement process.
- Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations.
- And Hospital in drafting and implementing an annual business plan.
- Work effectively with Healogics colleagues and partner hospitals.
- Participate in meetings and conferences as required by the Regional Medical Director, Area Vice President and corporate officers.
- Act as an advocate for the WCC.
- To enhance visibility of the WCC.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
- Adhere to appropriate billing and coding practices.
- Malpractice coverage including tail.
- Supervise clinical services provided by all program staff and provide in-service education programs as necessary.
- Support the joint effort of Healogics.
- And encourage patient referrals from the local medical community.
- No weekends.
- In cooperation with Healogics.
- Provide a high level of quality clinical care to patients.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures, local medical staff rules, regulations and bylaws.
- Participate in the initial and ongoing clinical education programs, including competency evaluations.
- Why choose to be a Healogics Specialty Physician?
- CME allowances and much more!
- Resources including medical, clinical and operational support teams and be able to access and direct these resources appropriately to the betterment of the Wound Care Center.
- Communicate with new patient referring physicians via phone calls and written communication of treatment plan and progress.
- Support the program's requirement to remain compliant with pertinent accrediting and regulatory agencies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Healogics.
- Full benefits - Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.
- Promote his/her personal clinical development though self-directed and continuing medical education.
- Excellent work/life balance - no nights.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Sep 27.