Internal Medicine Jobs in Virginia
Tuesday · April 23, 2019
1 Job in The Old Dominion
Photo: The exquisite yet typical autumn scenery of Virginia.
This internal medicine job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
- Opportunity: Multiple nocturnist openings due to growth.
- Metro area with the feel of a quaint coastal city.
- Physician - Internal Medicine Job in Maryland.
- Closed ICU and no procedures.
- Location: Home to the Naval Academy and one of the more desired cities between DC and Baltimore.
- There are two nocturnists working each night.
- Hospital is affiliated with Johns Hopkins for research.
- Compensation is.
- Shops, boating, marina's, top restaurants in state and access to all the benefits of DC and Baltimore!
- Health system has growing Internal Medicine program.
- Facility: One of the top facilities on East Coast.
- 173 are paid- 21 of them are vacation and CME days (they pay for 4 days of CME, AND reimburse for expenses).
- Works out to about 13 shifts per month.
- But usually is 3 -4 on and greater than 3 days off.
- There are usually opportunities to work extra shifts, if desired).
- There is no set schedule.
- The Nocturnist physician works 152/ 12-hour shifts per calendar year.
- Tiered', starts at $250,000 - based on years out of residency, plus $30k Incentive/at-risk compensation.
- Compensation: Competitive compensation package with comprehensive benefits package.
- They try to accommodate all requests.
- The average number of admissions nightly is 6 for admitting physician and 4 for other.
- One of the physicians spends the shift admitting pts from the ED, and the other takes room/nurse calls and helps the other physician with overflow admissions.
- Increases with experience.
- 7:00pm - 7:00am and 7:30pm - 7:30am.
This perm job from Partners was last open on Feb 18.